RPM 5 Carbon originates from its big brother, the RPM 9 Carbon: A low resonance chassis holds a newly designed inverted platter bearing with a ceramic ball for reduced vibration and humming. The acoustically inert platter is made with acrylic. An outboard 15V AC motor is driven by an ultra-precision AC generator with DC power supply for enhanced speed stability. The classy 9“ cc Evo tonearm, is made from carbon fibre and can be fitted with a high-quality MM or MC cartridge. A TPE-damped counterweight eliminates unwanted resonances.
Its ultra-stylish look is available in 3 exclusive high-gloss finish versions.
RPM 5 Carbon
- Precision belt drive using free-standing synchronous motor
- Ultra-precision DC-driven AC generator motor power
- Inverted platter bearing with ceramic ball
- Acoustical inert acrylic platter
- 9” cc EVO tonearm made from carbon
- Counterweight with TPE damping
- Adjustable aluminium tip-toe feet
- Includes Ortofon Quintet red cartridge
- Three high-gloss colours (black, red, white)
- Lid available as an option (see similar image)
Speed 33, 45 (manual speed change) Drive principle Belt drive Platter 300 mm acrylic Mains bearing Stainless steel axle with ceramic ball Speed drift 33: +/- 0.12% I 45: +/- 0.10% Wow & flutter 33: +/- 0.17% I 45: +/- 0.08% Signal to noise 73dB Tonearm 9” CC EVO carbon Effective arm length 230 mm Effective arm mass 8 g Overhang 18 mm Tracking force 0 - 25 mN Included accessories 15 volts DC / 500 mA power supply Power connection 110/240 Volt - 50 or 60 Hz Power consumption 5 watt max / < 0,5 watt standby Dimensions 430 x 150 x 323 mm (WxHxD) Weight 8.0 kg net