After extensive research and development, the classic RPM design is brought to an even higher level. The RPM 9 Carbon features a new extra heavy chassis which includes a special CNC machined MDF plate that incorporates hard resin coated steel pellets to form an extra heavy precise sandwich construction. A special complex heat treatment and carbon surface coating ensures superior low resonance levels. The mass-loaded chassis is effectively decoupled from its surface using magnetic feet. Combined with a polished aluminium platter with internal TPE damping and a vinyl layer on top, the inverted ceramic main bearing delivers an absolutely stable turntable speed with extra low rumbles. The extra heavy outboard motor unit is equipped with a precise motor control and features a built-in switch to toggle between 33 & 45 rpm. Last but not least the9“ Evo tonearm with conical carbon-fibre armtube and inverted bearing design gives perfect tracking, even with the most demanding cartridges. Features Highly flexible top-grade copper internal wiring. Available with or without a Quintet Bronze Cartridge.
Magnetically supported feet
Two magnets are located on the feet, the turntable is practically floating. The studs on the feet are used to keep the turntable centered. Due to this unique feature, the turntable is perfectly decoupled from the surface it is placed on.
RPM 9 Carbon
- Advanced sandwich construction of plinth with combination of MDF, carbon fibre and steel pellets
- Plinth manufactured with thermo treatment
- Mass loaded subchassis design with magnetic feet
- Inverted main bearing with ceramic ball/plate
- 7,2kg acoustically inert aluminium platter with TPE damping and vinyl mat on the top
- DC power supply with AC motor
- Precise DC driven AC generator (Speed Box) built-in
- Electronic speed control with 33/45 rpm switching
- Outboard motor construction with massive steel base
- Pre-mounted 9“ tonearm 9 cc Evolution
- Inculdes 5P Connect it Phono CC cable with RCA plugs
- Available with or without Quintet Bronze Cartridge.
- Optional Lid (See similar image)
Speed 33, 45 (electronic speed change) Drive principle Belt drive Platter 7.2 kg aluminium (300mm diameter) Mains bearing Inverted stainless steel with ceramic ball/plate Wow & flutter 33: +/- 0.60% I 45: +/- 0.60% Speed drift 33: +/- 0.10% I 45: +/- 0.10% Signal to noise 73dB Tonearm 9” CC EVO carbon Effective arm length 230 mm Effective arm mass 8 g Overhang 18 mm Tracking force 0 - 35 mN Included accessories 15 volts DC / 800 mA power supply Power connection 110/240 Volt - 50 or 60 Hz Power consumption 13 watt max / < 0.3 watt standby Dimensions 440 x 180 x 325 mm (WxHxD) Weight 16.5 kg net