RPM 3 Carbon is enhanced to improve the performance of the RPM series: A low resonance chassis holds an inverted platter bearing with a ceramic ball for reduced vibration and humming. An outboard 15V AC motor smoothly drives the ultra precision AC generator with DC power supply for enhanced speed stability.
A 10“ S-shaped tonearm tube is made with carbon fibre, aluminium and resin through a complex 3-step process of heat treatment in 100bar pressure, the arm tube is strenghtened, internal damping is maximised and resonances are reduced to a minimum. This makes the tonearm suitable for MC cartridges. Additional features: magnetic antiskating mechanism and a TPE-damped counterweight.
An Ortofon 2M silver cartridge is fitted into the product.
RPM 3 Carbon
- Precision belt drive using free-standing synchronous motor
- Central mass point optimizes vibrancy behaviour
- Ultra precision DC-driven AC generator motor power
- Inverted platter bearing with ceramic ball
- Platter made from MDF using vinyl mat
- 10” S-shaped tonearm made from carbon, aluminium, resin utilising special heat and pressure treatments
- Magnetic antiskating
- Counterweight with TPE damping
- Includes Ortofon 2M Silver cartridge
- Three high-gloss colours (black, red, white)
- Lid available as an option (similar to image)
Speed 33, 45 (manual speed change) Drive principle Belt drive Platter 300 mm MDF Mains bearing Stainless steel axle with ceramic ball Speed drift 33: +/- 0.14% I 45: +/- 0.11% Wow & flutter 33: +/- 0.19% I 45: +/- 0.08% Signal to noise - 71dB Tonearm 10” carbon; aluminium and resin Effective arm length 254 mm Effective arm mass 16 g Overhang 16 mm Tracking force 0 - 25 mN Included accessories 15 volts DC / 500 mA power supply Power connection 110/240 Volt - 50 or 60 Hz Power consumption 5 watt max / < 0,5 watt standby Dimensions 422 x 118 x 373 mm (WxHxD) Weight 5.5 kg net