The RPM 1 Carbon has the ability to deliver high quality sound at an affordable entry-level price.
RPM-1 Carbon enhancements: Low resonance chassis holds the newly designed inverted platter bearing with a ceramic ball to reduce vibration and humming. An outboard 15V AC motor is driven smoothly by an ultra-precision AC generator with a DC power supply for enhanced speed stability. A newly designed S-shaped tonearm tube is made with carbon fibre, aluminium and resin. Using a complex 3-step process of heat treatment, 100bar pressure,nand strengthening, internal damping is maximised and sound resonances are reduced to a minimum. This makes the tonearm also suitable for MC cartridges. Additional features are a new magnetic antiskating mechanism and a TPE-damped counterweight.
RPM 1 Carbon
- Precision belt drive using synchronous motor
- Ultra-precision DC-driven AC generator motor power
- Inverted platter bearing with ceramic ball
- Platter made from MDF using felt mat
- 8,6” S-shaped tonearm made from carbon, aluminium, resin utilising special heat and pressure treatments
- Magnetic antiskating
- Counterweight with TPE damping
- Includes Ortofon 2M Red cartridge
- 3 high-gloss colours (black, red, white)
Speed 33, 45 (manual speed change) Drive principle Belt drive Platter 300 mm MDF Mains bearing Stainless steel axle with ceramic ball Wow & flutter 33: +/- 0.27% I 45: +/- 0.1% Speed drift 33: +/- 0.14% I 45: +/- 0.13% Signal to noise - 71dB Tonearm 8.6” carbon; aluminium and resin Effective arm length 218.5 mm Effective arm mass 13.5 g Overhang 22 mm Tracking force 0 - 25mN Included accessories 15 volts DC / 500 mA power supply Power connection 110/240 Volt - 50 or 60 Hz Power consumption 5 watt max / < 0,5 watt standby Dimensions 380 x 110 x 350mm (WxHxD) Weight 3.8 kg net