Digital micro preamplifier with MQA and DSD512 support
a performance revolution in a small package!
Pre Box S2 Digital marks a new era for our S-series components. For the very first time we are using a dual mono configuration with the highest class D/A converters of ESS Sabre. Their flagship DAC-chip ensures highest class audio in a small and affordable package. This DAC is capable of high resolution audio up to 32bit/768kHz PCM and DSD512! Pre Box S2 Digital is also the very first of our devices to support hardware MQA unfolding. It’s also the premiere of our proprietary Optimum transient digital filter and our proprietary clock circuitry design. Digital audio is the art of time, with our new proprietary clock design we have managed jitter rates of unrivalled 100 Femtoseconds, this easily outperforms many renowned and respected audiophile clock generators!
With organic polymer capacitors and thin film miniMELF resistors we were able to create a tiny device that will blow away even much bigger components for a much higher price. With a total of eight digital filters the sound can be shaped precisely to the listeners liking. Pre Box S2 Digital is fully remoteable, it can also control the playback software of a computer. You can use Play, Pause, Forward and Rewind straight with your Pre Box S2 Digital!
Pre Box S2 Digital
- Dual mono construction
- High end ESS Sabre ESS9038 dual DAC
- Proprietary clock circuity design
- Organic polymer capacitors and thin film miniMELF resistors
- MQA hardware decoding
- DSD64, DSD128, DSD256 & DSD512 (DoP, DSD512 native)
- Up to 24bit/192kHz for optical & coax inputs
- 8 selectable digital filter characteristics
- 1 proprietary optimum transient digital filter
- Headphone output on the front (6.3mm)
- Synchronization of all internal oscillators
- Jitter as low as 100 Femtoseconds!
- Gold plated four layer PCB
- Full alu/metal sandwich casing in silver or black
Digital inputs 1x USB (B), 1x Co-axial (RCA), 1x Optical (TOSLink) D/A-converter 2x ESS9038Q2M 32-bit USB up to DSD512 (DSD1024), PCM up to 32b/768kHz Optical PCM up to 24b/192kHz Coaxial PCM up to 24b/192kHz Filter settings 7 different selectable on front Frequency response 20 Hz - 20 kHz Analogue outputs 6.3mm Headphone (front), 1x Variable Out (RCA Output voltage 2.05 Veff Minimal recommended headphone impedance 8 Ohm Headphone output power 6.6 mW / 600 Ohm; 68 mW / 32 Ohm THD 0.0003% @ 0 dB, 2V RMS, 1 kHz Dynamic range 124 dBA Outboard Power supply 5V/1A DC (included) Dimensions W x H x D 103 x 37 x 122 mm (including knob and connectors) Weight 366 g (without power supply)