Universal linear power supply for up to 5 components & 1 turntable
Power Box DS2 Sources: Cleanest power for ultimate sound of Box Design components plus turntable!
It is a proven fact that a power supply is a very important part of the audio path and significantly contributes to the sonic quality of an audio product. In order to offer the possibility of improving sound quality, we designed our linear power supply Power Box DS Sources. It significantly enhances the sound quality of up to six Box Design components, like streamers, CD players, pre-amplifiers and also offers the possibility to connect a DC-driven turntable.
A linear power supply consists of a massive toroidal transformer with shielding between primary and secondary winding, which acts as an isolating transformer and avoids penetration of interferences from mains into the audio component. The built-in transformer has a much higher power reserve compared to the standard power adapter. It has very low output impedance and in combination with large filtration capability it can easily manage all power needs. Sound staging, darkness of silent backgrounds and small detail resolution will improve strongly and contribute to a far better overall performance of each component.
Six standard connection cables are included in delivery. Special highend super shielded connection cables in these lengths are available on request: 20cm, 40cm, 80cm, 1m.
Power Box DS2 Source
- Purest & cleanest power using non-switching power supply
- 5 Box Design component & 1 turntable power output
- Standard power cables included
- Higher end power cables Connect-it Power DS with superior shielding and transmission optionally available
- Not suitable for integrated & power amplifiers, receivers etc
- Soft start system avoids current inrush in primary winding
- Audio type toroidal transformer
- Main isolating transformer with copper foil shielding
- Secondary voltage rectification with precise regulation
- High filtration capacity (10.000 µF)
- Low ESR capacitors
- Low noise components with surge protection
- Available in silver or black with or without side panels in Eucalyptus, Rosenut or Walnut
Input voltage AC 230V/50Hz IEC C15 connector (120V/60Hz US) Output voltage/current 2 x 9V / 2A max (1.8mm connector) 3 x 18V / 1A max (2.5mm connector) 1 x 15V / DC-turntable (2.1mm connector) CAUTION: Do not use for other voltages! Filtration capacity 10.000 Microfarad Output voltage ripple < 1mV Dimensions W x H x D 206 x 71 x 209mm (Alu) 240 x 72 x 209mm (Wood) Weight 3.000g (Alu) 3.400g (Wood)