This ultra low noise and distortion preamplifier is made for the audio conniosseur and offers not only breathtaking performance but is capable to adapt to virtually any phono cartridge through variable impedance control. Impedance adjustment can be done while playback! Due to use of best parts, like SSM2019 from Analog Devices as input stages and Linear Technology LT1010 as high current buffer stage, Phono Box RS delivers ultra low levels of distortion and noise. Its very low output impedance makes it insensitive to selection of interconnect cables and lenghts.
Fully passive RIAA and DECCA equalisation is selectable. Phono Box RS offers fully balanced circuitry and both XLR and RCA inputs and outputs. All in all vinyl playback will never have sounded as clear, detailed and smooth, than with this superlative phono stage!
Phone Box RS
- MM & MC capable
- True dual mono design
- Balanced XLR & unbalanced RCA In & Outputs
- Fully passive RIAA & DECCA equalisation
- Unique continously variable input impedance loading, matches every cartridge (adjustment even while playing)
- RCA & XLR In & Out
- Superior low noise / low distortion
- Classy & elegant dip switches
- DC power supply (< 1 watt standby power)
- Metal casing protects against vibration and interference
Input impedance Fixed 10 Ohms or 47kOhms, Variable 10 - 1200 Ohms Load capacity switchable 100pF, 200pF, 300pF, 420pF, 520pF Output impedance 50 Ohms Gain, MM / MC RCA: 40, 50, 60 dB XLR: 46, 56, 66 dB Signal to noise ratio 91 dBA THD 0.019% RIAA accuracy within 0.3dB/20Hz - 20kHz SubsonIc 20Hz / - 12 dB Inputs RCA & XLR Outputs RCA & XLR Power supply 2 x 18V/300mA DC; 220 - 240V, 50Hz Power consumption 150mA DC < 1 watt standby Dimensions W x H x D (with sockets) 206 x 72 x 210 mm Weight 2000 g without power supply