• Double top grade PCM-1792 D/A chip from Texas Instruments
• 9 Inputs: USB, AES-EBU, optical (Toslink), coax (S/PDIF)
• 24bit/192kHz asynchronous USB (XMOS technology)
• DSD (up to DSD128) capability (DSD over PCM)
• I²S interface for CD Box RS (sonic2data transfer technology) with additional clock synchronisation port (BNC)
• 2 selectable digital filter settings
• Fully balanced analogue audio circuitry
• Tube output stage & solid-state output stage (switchable)
• Ultra linear & ultra low noise circuitry
• IR remote control included
• XLR & RCA line level output sockets
• DC power supply (< 1 watt standby power)
• Full metal casing in silver or black
DAC Box RS
DAC Box RS - ultimate state-of-the-art audio converter!
The advanced DAC Box RS is a reference-class D/A converter for all kinds of digital stereo sound sources. It superbly acts as a superior USB audio interface for demanding computer audio, also features AES/EBU input and I²S interface for use with CD Box RS. For the engaged audiophile we provide full DSD capability (up to DSD128) over PCM. All inputs fully support 24/192kHz HD music data (optical inputs 96/24) in fully asynchronous mode.
Additionally DAC Box RS incorporates a pair of the best audio grade DAC chips, PCM 1792, which only can be found in expensive high-end designs. 2 different digital filter settings are selectable to meet your favourite sound preferences. Additionally we realized that its also depending on customers taste and type of music/recording, what technology for the outputstage is preferable. More warm and relaxed sounding with Tubes or Solid State Class A with limitless details and dynamics. The DAC Box RS has both options to select!
The whole audio circuitry design is ultra low noise and ultra linear with very low output impedance to avoid any negative interference with cables or pre-amps. Due to its class-leading audio performance DAC Box RS is an ultimate high-end bargain!
Pro-Ject DAC Box RS
D/A-converter Double Texas Instruments PCM-1792 8 x Oversampling design Sampling rates 32/44,1/48/88,2/96/176,2/192 kHz, (optical up to 96kHz) Precision clock output BNC (use with CD Box RS) Frequency response 20Hz - 50kHz (+0/-1dB) Output stages 6922 tube and solid state (switchable) Analogue out RCA/Cinch & XLR Output voltage max 4/2 Veff (XLR/RCA) THD 0,005% solid state out 0,25% tube out Signal to noise ratio 100dB Power consumption <1 watt standby, 800/300mA max (tube/solid) Outboard Power supply 20V/3A DC (included) Dimensions W x H x D 206 x 72 x 200 (220mm with sockets) Weight 1010g without power supply